The Sea Jumper



Blow me....can you jump from 20 meters high ferry for a penny? its not even worth to buy a mineral water can. So I was riding a ferry crossing Bali Strait to East Java last weekend and found group of youngster who are happily screaming on the people and offering to make a scene by jumping onto the sea water only by giving them coins less than a cent. well, some gave more actually but for giving such an excitement, coins are given as they are fall into the water fastly.  Indeed, those boys need to jump as fast as the coins get into the water before they disappear into the ocean. Soon as nobody giving any small money, the boys might crawl up the ferry again and repeatedly doing the same thing.

Out of interest, I have no idea since when this things happened. As far as I remembered, the last time I crossed the ferry was like 3 years back and I did not see such a scene. Perhaps because I chose to hop on the highest level and did not see anything.


But, to be able to jumping fearlessly without any life-jacket or other safety equipments,  I have to give my hats off for them. Its really something that blow my mind and honestly speaking its a bit heartbreaking if they only do it for countless money. What if the ferry took incorrect directions or suddenly sharks pops up after them..Goshh think I've thinking too far. I have lods of coins in my room. In fact, Im collecting them into a can. I sometimes need them for paying parking fee.

Regardless if their parents gave daily allowance and they just do it for fun..or they do it purposely for finding money and fill up their tummies.. ..I hope they keep on living a happy and carefree life as it is. Knowing people outside there in the city having a busy and stressful life...its priceless to see the kids smile and screaming airy...I wish I can jumping freely like them! carefree.....yahhhhhhhoooooo...

Comments

Popular Posts