Breakfast with a view

I think apart from waking up early along the month of Ramadan, I would say I am not really an early morning person. Especially if I am doze of late the night before…

Well, office outing had successfully push me to be up really early. 6am we had to leave the office. And taa-daaahh… rain drops like waterfall as soon as I stepped out of my room and ride my scooter. But somehow I love rain. The rainy mood,  the sound of falling rain on a rainy day, is certainly nourishing this mother earth ...

I also like being between in the raindrops, so no one can see me crying. And the richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected; I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend..




Anyhoo, I was a bit late when I reached the meeting point. They almost left me, oh dear. And I wasn’t really up 100% to catch up on heavy morning conversations.

Our destination was Bedugul Botanical garden, around 2 hours drive moreless from the southern of Bali.  Love the winding road we passed, as we left the downtown side, it was a changing greenery view one from another. Quite a long drive we had. And we were hungry; I didn’t have dinner the night before. So I was perfectly craving for a morning meal.

Then we turned the car to a roadside small restaurant serving all kind of noodles. The weather was rather chill and cool and having noodle for breakkie sounds good to us.

The restaurant was perfect. In terms of morning weather that welcome us as soon as we get off the car. An open concept venue and it has all kind of noodles we were after. And on top of that, look how refreshing the view was from our vantage point. 


And my choice was lip smacking.  The entrĂ©e was okay, siomay we called it. A local dimsum taste. Side sauce was not bad.


We decided to seat at the extension of the restaurant, build with planks and supported by sturdy wood at the bottom. Ordering was prompt; we decided to have their specialty, and noodle soup as recommended on the menu.  I couldn’t finish them at once; indeed, my colleague was happily eating half of the dish for me.
  

That day. Sunshine was delicious, rain was refreshing, wind brace us up, food was great. Thankful for a beautiful morning. 

Comments

Popular Posts