Bike for the heritages - Heritage for the Future

Onthel bike was my deary transport when I was a lil gal. I remembered using it for years...it was old but rather girlie one and made me fell in love with the design. Though it was broke but she was taken away by undisclosed thief..up till now, i don't know where she is... hope she's keepin fine as it will be more valuable with its unique design. 


Years later, I was riding bike everyday when I moved to Holland. It was an old one but I completely like it...I ride it no matter it was rain, sunny, fall or snowy. It succeed to cheer up the day! Well not to mention that I got two horrible accident with the bike. One in the summer time, when I was riding from the city center after works..using my high heels which made my ankle completely sick and it was swollen for weeks! 

the other one was during winter and it was full of snow on the road! I was sliding on the road like a racer fell down from his motorbike! damned...I felt dizzy and wanted to cry but peeps were passing by and made me straightened my chin though my foot barely walked properly!

Well..the last time I was biking through Kintamani Hills and Ubud in Bali. Geez...completely shook my knees as it was quite a while since the last time I was biking.

Well, biking seems booming again in big cities of Indonesia. Apart from hobby or healthy reason...


I got few memorable pictures from Bikes in Jogjakarta, Java. Those bikes are quite something! The 'Onthel Inside' sounds like a Pentium Slogan (Intel Inside). Onthel is derived from Javanese word for the bike, meaning push or propelling. It was captured fantastically, as the bike was on someone's roof house!  I was not sure if the wheels properly working but still it looks nice. The peeps who wrote Onthel Inside were creative! Give my thumbs!!


The other one...well first, let me give my condolence for the bike! It's totally dead! I dont know where the wheels were, but it so unbearable to see the condition. Somebody put a 'Charity Box' alike for the bikes and its more like a memorable Bike Site as they put  cement on the wheels so its steadily stand on the ground!


These bikes are the heritage for the future!!

Comments

Popular Posts