Cover it up!


Despite of Emiratis strong culture in daily life…one that very obvious for me is that how they take pride in wearing traditional dress called Abaya for ladies and Kandura for men. Excuse if I make any typos…. I literally cant recall how to write it in a proper spell. So…personally I kinda amazed with how Emiratis being so proud in wearing their traditional dress. And the country protect their people rights on wearing traditional dress on their daily activities, lets say working… …even if our company has immaculate ‘business look’  uniform for their employees.  Still you can wear your Abaya or Kandura while working.

Bali is the other land I’ve admired on how they are allowed to wear traditional dress in their daily life and work. Every Balinese allowed to wear sarong and other traditional dress at work…Goshh….i missed Bali, always miss the island. They have such a strong culture that I cant even recall on how many times a week they have to held ceremonies…… don’t be amazed if you step your foot to Bali and you will see a parade of Balinese wearing traditional dress and carrying huge offering on the ladies head and the men playing Balinese instruments as gamelan down the road..

Equality! That’s how I say it…its one of my consideration to step my feet again on emirates land. Where the company whom I work with is allowing me to use my hijab… such a contrary and ironic things back at my home country.  I had some circumstances to turn down few job offers from hotels or any company run hospitality industry whom in the end will ask me to take off my hijab while working… with all due respect, I mean….for me its very principal, though if you have a chance to get to know me better, I sometimes such a hyperactive and geek one… but I chose to wear hijab as my devotion to God and I got this comfy and peaceful feeling that I never experienced back to when I was not covering my head. 


There is actually….some certain occasions where I couldn’t find the proper words for people who asking –why-do-i-cover-my-hair-with-hijab? I still consider myself incapable to give judgment nor argument on how someone deciding to wearing hijab to my non moslem colleagues…. It might doesn’t make sense for them where you know..hair for ladies is like a crown..... what I do know, I feel safe and closer to Allah with my hijab covering my hair.  Alhamdulillah  I guess its been seven years now…

Excuse on my image below, I normally not that confidence in showing off my image..ha-ha….just so you know how happy I am with my hijab on!


So…….. along with ages, I chose my own comfy moslem dress looking. Not that sort of cover all over the place you know. Lets say in a considerable way….. shoot…..talking about ages I feel like my number is getting scary..ha ha….though you know, being a petite lady is such a fortunate for me where people might judge my age way younger than my actual one. The best part is when some of them think I still under age as if im 19 or so…ha-ha!!! My chess thump and jump and laugh ridiculously whenever I told this kinda thing…

Personally I think there is lots of way to look beautiful with you head covered. With all due respect for some pros and contra out there.  I can still use make up in a proper way, I can still browse youtube to see latest reference on hijab style that might looks suitable on me…and yes I feel happy about that. Yet still there is so much to learn about hijab…no worries, I’ll take step and each step slowly to show my beautiful devotion to Allah…insha allah…
God bless you all

Comments

Popular Posts