Night Session with Flash-Off Camera

My nocturnal wanderings have taken me to places as varied as remote deserts and bohemian Prague streets. I am terrible on night portraits, tho they are amazing. But I love doing them and took a lot of trial and error before I found the perfect combination of in-camera controls and off-camera lighting for my best results. Excuse my blurry imagery, this show how amateur am I hehehe


Two of my fave streetlights and water or any other reflective surfaces to get dramatic result. That wintery shade of nighty gray were great addition to mine. 


The epitome of Dubai Marina's sophisticated nightlife, Blends ultra-stylish ambience offers something for the frame. I feel trully belittled by these sky-crappers buildings. The picture says it all. 


Back-flashing to the solo travel time in Budapest. In timing this walk through the bridge, the lights come on after dusk and turn off at midnight. Thank you for being good to me, being on my own, I felt its a safe city, even at night.


The last three images I solely dedicate this to my Bro from another in sand-dunes city, I missed late night drive and watch the city sleeps in. The long scenic drive out here is well worth the mileage..




With the above walk-through,  hopefully you have more insight on flashing off your camera in the dark. Be creative with the ambient light surround you. Play with your your imagination and indulge in your nighttime photos!

Comments

Popular Posts