Picture Frame : Seasons Change in Holland


Hello January! Though it is not my fave time of the year, I kinda like Ramadhan among all months. It's been a while. Five years ago in the same month, I have collided this four pictures in frame. The view from my so called - window's room back then. In a small town called Amersfoort. Up till now I still do love the colour change.. SubhanAllah. 

It took me a year to capture those four. And the white snows image frame exactly falls in January. 




 I feel the most sentimental moments out of those four seasons, was the beginning of fall. There is something about it. Green trees and plants turn into yellow-ish, red-ish and brown-ish.




'Winter is an etching, Spring a watercolour, Summer an oil painting, and Autumn  a mosaic of them all" (Stanley Horowitz) 




I could wander for hours and enjoying the cold breeze. A devastating mosaic of colours. Fallen leaves might be dead on the ground. But to be able to witness them dancing through their branches in windy days. The hush before cold days. 


Autumn somewhere always splendid. Especially for me who was born and raised in two-seasons country. Its mesmerizing .. And yes before those cold days, I blame Fall season for weigh-gains moment. :))  


And so winter is coming. White winter is equally beautiful as the beginning of fall. Except when I have to ride my old bicycle through the icy roads. Sliding down from the bike wasn't a pleasant memory. I have got wounds and painful nights. But now that I remembered it, somehow it's funny. I am grateful for those bad winter days. Despite the short daytime and grey skies :) 


Frosting lakes and all nature water feature outside was trully magical moments. Frost and winter. 


And this road, the road I used to take from work by bike. I clearly remembered that first winter days. I stop my bike to take this angle. 




And when cold days is over, wandering through this wild blooming flowers are definitely not to be missed. As if I would go down below to see these successive flower carpets. The warm gentle of breezes, friendly tulips, scent of morning dew, they vanished my worrisome. For moments. 



"Every leaf that grows will tell you: what you sow will bear fruit, so if you have any sense my friend, don’t plant anything but Love." ~Rumi




Those endless summer sunshine and days of interminable grey. At least, I was able to see these smiley sheep. Creepy no? They were like smiling right back at you. For split of second I thought its a genuine smiles at least :)


Been a while summer! Summer in Holland and this view. Hamdallah Ya Rabb, hope I'd be able to have another picture frame memory with future hubsy. Ameen.. 



Every moment I shape my destiny with a chisel, I am a carpenter of my own soul. – Rumi

Comments

Popular Posts